At Children Today Montessori we encourage parents of prospective enrollees to tour our facility, see our classes, and ask questions to see if our school would be a good fit for their family. We hope that the parents of our children understand and support for the Montessori Method employed here at Children Today Montessori. The enrollment process, complete with school visits, allows families to see the Montessori Method in action, learn about our school, and observe the love for learning exemplified by our children.
1. Tour — The first step in the enrollment process is to visit our school. Please call (770) 817-8200 to schedule a tour of our school. Tours give prospective families an opportunity to see our facility, briefly observe classes in session, and ask any questions they may have about the school and/or the Montessori environment. Our director and director’s assistant typically give the tours and can provide detailed information about what makes Children Today Montessori unique as well as information about our wonderful staff and the use of the Montessori Method. The tour also allows Children Today Montessori to better understand each family’s expectations and needs so that we may better serve that family.
2. Start Enrollment Process — If parents would like to move forward after the tour, we ask that they begin the enrollment process by submitting the required $450 deposit fee to hold space in the appropriate class(s). We may request a transcript for transfer students who are four years or older.
3. Interview with Teacher — Following the payment of the required deposit, a time will be set up for a teacher to spend some time interacting with each child. This interview will be conducted with one of our Primary teachers.
4. Determination and Trial Period — The teacher and administration determine whether Children Today Montessori will be a good fit for the child. This is based on several factors such as the child’s emotional and academic readiness for the Montessori environment and the family’s support for the methods and philosophy used by the school.
5. Final Paperwork — After the determination is made, additional paperwork required by the State of Georgia is given to the family to complete and return by the child’s first day of school. Families will also receive a Parent Handbook outlining the current policies and procedures of Children Today Montessori. Once the forms have been submitted to the office, the enrollment process is complete. The one-time enrollment and annual supply fees will be applied on the first invoice following the Transition week.
6. Transition Week — We believe that the child’s start in the Montessori classroom should be a positive experience and we strive to avoid causing the child any unnecessary trauma. For this reason, we have a one-week transition period to allow the child to ease into the classroom environment. This week is complimentary if the child is only attending school according to the transition process. During the week, the child attends his/her class for one hour the first day, two hours the second day, and so on. This transition gives children an opportunity to experience the loving and nurturing environment that we offer at Children Today Montessori and to learn to trust that their parents will always return.
We invite families from the Alpharetta, Roswell, Cumming, Milton, and surrounding metro Atlanta areas to tour our facility to see if Children Today Montessori would be a good fit for your family! Children Today Montessori provides an inclusive environment, welcoming children regardless of race, gender, color, religion, or national origin.
A child may be admitted to Children Today Montessori at any time of the year due to the individualized nature of the Montessori curriculum.
We hope to see you soon and look forward to welcoming your family into our loving and nurturing learning environment.